Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA Odd Situation

tag
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

PRA Odd Situation

PRA has had an account of mine for some time.  I've paid off and on via pyament arrangement unless payment desnt go through.   Restablished payment arrangement end of April due to come out on May 26th.  My fault I didnt have $ in account.   Called last week to restablish, etc.  All good.    Today I got an alert that the account was legally settled for less than full.   Called PRA this morning and they said it was legally settled for less than full back in Jan when they got my last payment and no record of a new payment arragement for this account I set-up last week ( they see the payment arrangement for the other 2 I have).  I never settled.   What bothers me more is how could they put me in a payment arrangement in April and June if there was zero balance ?    Waiting for a call back to that question.  They said they can resetablish the arrangement and update the status to the bureaus.  That said, for the inconvneinece I suggested they delete the trade line.   I'm sure there are many people who would have taken the free $ ( 850 ) and never called them....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Re: PRA Odd Situation

Regarding the above....after multiple back and forth....yesterday they advised they are not only deletting from the bureaus ( already done ), but they are closiing / purging the account and said I dont owe them anything.   I offered to pay but they wouldnt take it.    A letter is in the mail saying its closed....

Message 2 of 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Wow, nice!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Victory!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.