Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA Payment Plan Mistake

tag
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

PRA Payment Plan Mistake

I have been on a monthly plan with PRA for some time to pay 2 accounts in full.  A few months ago I called to change the payment date so the plan had to be reestablished. A few days ago I called in to get a copy of the plan ( they do send out but I misplaced ).  During this call I found out that when it was restablised, the amount they used that was due was not the current amount/balance but the original.    Had I not called in I could have been paying much more by the end. 

Im assuming this could have been a human error but who knows.  

Any thing to to do here ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: PRA Payment Plan Mistake

What are you asking? They screwed up the paperwork but the debt you've agreed to repay isn't going to go away. Even if they reported the wrong balance to the CRAs, disputing that would just have them correcting the balance on your reports. 

Edited to add: good catch though! PRA is is shady!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 4
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

I’m saying the payment plan, when it was revised, is asking me to pay more than what I had owed at that time. 

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@800goal800 wrote:

I’m saying the payment plan, when it was revised, is asking me to pay more than what I had owed at that time. 

All that is necessary is that you receive a copy of the revised start total and the terms to pay it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.