Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA Settlement & Calvary Settlement

tag
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

PRA Settlement & Calvary Settlement

I have a CA with Portfolio Recovery from an old Capiltal One credit card and Calvary for an old HSBC credit card. I know that they won't do PFD, read all the stories of headache and heartache around here regarding them. Anyway, I want to pay them off and possible settle for less than what is owed. Does anyone have knowledge if they are willing to report settled vs. settled for less than owed? If I can save a few bucks, I'd rather do that. I'm just trying

Thanks!

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PRA Settlement & Calvary Settlement

A year ago I paid off 4 accounts with Calvary and Portfolio, before I knew of this site. In January I started the rebuild process in January. I disputed everything that was on my file for accuracy. I disputed through TU only. Calvary and Portfolio both dropped off my TU. In the last 30 days I have since disputed these through EX and EQ. Only 2 show up on EX and 3 on EQ.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just settled will PRA they are suppose to put settled in full on the credit reports.  If you would like an update of mine send me a pm and I will let you know what happens.  They settled for 60% and 70% off of the debt.  It was also almost 5 years old.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't stand PRA. I finally got the nerve up to settle two accounts with them. They told me they will put settled in full on the credit report.
Checked today they put settled for less than the full balance. Ahhh! I don't even know where to start with getting that corrected. Smiley Sad
Now I dont want to pay anything else off till that is resolved. It just ruined our chances for getting a house this summer.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send them an offer to pay contingent upon their agreement not to report any comments related to settled for less than the full amount.

Special comments pertaining to terms of settlement are always optional on their part, and absence of any such comments will make the collection appear the same to those reviewing your credti report as if you had paid the debt in full.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.