Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA changed balance?

tag
jrrsmith18
Contributor

PRA changed balance?

So I get a myfico text saying there is a change in a balance, I'm thinking it's just my Cap1 card showing PIF for this month. But no, it is portfolio recovery and they updated the balance from 535 to 55 bucks? I haven't read anything like this, can anyone shed some light on this? I haven't paid them a cent, been waiting for a better settlement offer to come, if this is this saying this is my offer I'll take it lol.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
klrmac
Regular Contributor

Re: PRA changed balance?

I'm dealing with PRA right now. PAIN!

I'd take that settlement/PFD anyday! lol

I guess this might fall into incorrectly reporting? Have you DV?

Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yes they can update the balance monthly, interesting it went way down. If this is still within your states SOL be careful you would not want to poke them if you cant PIF...

Message 3 of 7
jrrsmith18
Contributor

ATM i cant PIF the original $535 but yes to the current balance of just $55, so how should i approach this? cause every month they'd be reporting the same $535 balance since they got this debt in march 2013 and out of no where minus $480.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It looks like a reporting typo.

I would suspect if you dispute, you will get a correction to 555.

Message 5 of 7
jrrsmith18
Contributor

Should i bring this to their attention? i was thinking of contacting the ombudsman by email, the customer service reps are jerks and letting him know of this updated balance and that i can now pay. i already contacted him a couple of months ago trying to get a PFD but no go which i see is the norm with these people.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see no point in bringing it up with them, it will probably self-correct the next time they update.

They certainly aren't likely to base any settlement on a misreported balance....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.