Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA letter, No Further Replies, Matter Closed

tag
ndkblondie
Contributor

PRA letter, No Further Replies, Matter Closed

I received this letter from PRA, I'm thinking of disputing again in the hopes they won't respond.  Any reason not to?

Please be advised we have reviewed your dispute and our records indicate we have already resopnded to a previous dispute substantially the same as your present dispute.  Because your dispute alleges no new facts and includes no new information in which to form the basis for a new investigation, we will not be conducting another investigation of the dispute pursuant to 15 USC 1681s-2(a)(8)(F)(i)(II) of the FCRA.

If we continue to receive subsequent correspondence from you regarding a dispute that has already been resolved, we will consider your inquiry answered.  No further replies will be forthcoming unless you provide the information we need to assist you.  Our office considers this matter closed.

Disputes Department

I already sent proof of their messed up reporting with my dispute to the CRA's by mail.  Do the CRA's do nothing but regurgitate the info from the furnisher?  I thought if you sent proof they would actually do something about the inaccurate reporting coming back from the CA, the reason we should send by mail and not dispute online.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ndkblondie
Contributor

Re: PRA letter, No Further Replies, Matter Closed

Just got a new alert, they hit me with a new major derogatory.  Uuuugggggggg.   I wonder, is it regular policy for the BBB to allow companies to retaliate against consumers seeking relief?

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortutnately, the BBB has not teeth.  It can't enforce anything, it's just an arbitrary type of thing.  If you have a legit complaint, try the CFPB.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They have the rigjt to dismiss any subsequent dispute without any investigation that contains no new basis as "frivolous or irrelevant" under explcit provision of the direct dispute rules.  16 CFR 660.4(f).  That includes a first direct dispute after a prior disute through a CRA.  The only error in their letter is that they cannot just ignore your subsequent dispute, they must still send a letter of dismissal as "frovolous or irrelevant."

With no requirement to even investigate, and thus veriy, correct, or delete, there is no basis for holding them to task for not verifying anew.

One issue, one requirement for investigation.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.