Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA playing games

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

PRA playing games

PRA just removed and re-entered a collection account on my credit report.  Why must they do things like this?  

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PRA playing games

They removed and added it back on all in the same time frame? They removed mine the other day, but hadn't added it back. Mine was about 6 years old though. I'm hoping it's gone for good.
Message 2 of 47
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Yes, it seems it was done on the same day according to Credit Karma.

Message 3 of 47
A1Credit
Established Contributor

And congratulations to you!  I saw your thread earlier about your removal.

Message 4 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are complete scum! I'm sure they do tatics such as this to annoy folks to get them to pay. If they remove and re-add, it won't change the fall off date on your CAR will it?

Thanks. But, I have my doubts they are gone for me. Iol. They play too much. If it stays off mine for a few months, then maybe I'll believe it lol
Message 5 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Autocorrect lol. I meant CR and not CAR lol
Message 6 of 47
A1Credit
Established Contributor

No, nothing can change the exclusion date since the DOFD is set in stone.  It is just annoying that they play these games.  

Message 7 of 47
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

If it was on Credit Karma TU, it's common for things to get deleted/re-added, inquiries, accounts, collections. It seems like the 2 don't always play well together.
Message 8 of 47
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Thanks for letting me know that @rmduhon.  Now I am wondering how well I can trust CK with just keeping up with what is on my credit report.  I know their scores are Vantage and thus outdated but I thought I could at least use them to keep an eye on my report.

Message 9 of 47
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I think Credit Sesame does TU also (could be EQ though). I haven't heard of any issues with it bit don't use it myself. The scores are still Vantage scores. Might be something you can look into.
Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.