Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA removing and adding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PRA removing and adding

Every month I get an alert from Fico saying there has been a new collection added to my report. I look at it and each time it is PRA for the same collection I have had for 3 plus years.. Why would they do this???? Are they doing this just to make my credit score suffer? I do not see any other reason in it. I have a unsecured CC with Capital One that I just tried getting a CLI for and it denied me stating a recent credit discrepancy. I have not had one issue with anything for over 3 years other than PRA keep re-adding the same collection back to my reports. Can someone help me understand whats going on please?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PRA removing and adding

They could obtain the same credit scoring impact by simply updating their reporting monthly.

Why they go thru the trouble to delete and then reinsert is kinda unclear, but maybe just intended to get your clear attention.

If that is their goal, then it certainly appears to be working!

It is aggravating, but not a violation of the FCRA.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection agency that does the same thing. At the end of Every month the remove the collection wait a week then add it right back on. Drives me crazy! They have been on my report for almost 3 years and only started doing it when I actually started to rebuild and my scores went up. Now they are in the tank again.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Until it's either paid and closed or deleted, those pieces of pure evil genius can legally pollute your reports for the outstanding debt by one simple thing...

Wait until activity happens (new credit card, mortgage application) then attack. 

Over.

And over.

And over.

Till 7 years and 180 days do you part...should you not satisfy the debt or have it deleted.  Pure evil genius.

Message 4 of 5
thehollowaytape
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Until it's either paid and closed or deleted, those pieces of pure evil genius can legally pollute your reports for the outstanding debt by one simple thing...

Wait until activity happens (new credit card, mortgage application) then attack. 

Over.

And over.

And over.

Till 7 years and 180 days do you part...should you not satisfy the debt or have it deleted.  Pure evil genius.

Yep. Happened to me multiple times over the years. I'd get a new account and my score would climb a bit, and suddenly "BOINK!" collection updated, -47 points.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.