cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA - starting my recovery

tag
creditfail

PRA - starting my recovery

I have 4 negative items on my credit, two being a charge off from cap 1 that was sold to pra. The charge off was in 2013, being the collection is being refreshed monthly. As I've read everywhere, pay for delete won't happen with pra. I tried, of course, no traction.

My total amount owed is 482, and the best they wanna offer as a paid in full amount is 410. Just feels like I'm getting zero traction here. Any further advise?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PRA - starting my recovery

Assess those suckers, PRA, for ANY mistakes that may be reported. Check FTC, consumer reports, recent delegation over PRA in the news.

ANY MISTAKES.

Dispute with credit bureaus.

The odds of them PFD is slim.  The odds of GW are fair. Still, not good odds.

GO. Get the coffee ready and scrutinize.  It's gonna take some motzy.

Edit:  have you verified with them that this is your debt? Look that up too. 

Message 2 of 5
creditfail

Ok. So, I'm not really how to get all the info to assess. With a debt this old, are they required to send me data? And if it's all clean, what do I do then? Sucks being in a spot with so few options.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pull one of your credit reports for free.  I say one bc you can space them out every 4 months. 

Annual credit report dot com

next, FCRA , google it, is your new homework. As well as this site.  Research as much as you can about Junk debt buyers, disputing, validating debt, pay for delete, goodwill letters, statute of limitations and PRA. 

I have personally been battling Credit Control Corp and PRA for a year in January.  It takes some time. 1/4 success so far on TU only. 

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Be careful poking them if its from 2013 its still inside all states SOL and PRA can just sue you to collect. Since its updating monthly you might consider settling it to stop the updating as your Fico cannot recover till it stops. You can then begin a GW letter campaign asking for removal of the TL.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.