Established Contributor

PTD letters / Duplicates

I will soon be sending a few PTD letters out with the following basic wording:  "I am neither acknowledging nor disputing this account_______.   However, in the spirit of compromise I am willing to pay the full amount for a deletion from all my credit reports."

Is there anything I need to state, or avoid stating, so that the (egads!) SOL won't be restarted? 

Also, what is the letter called when there are duplicates?  (More than one CA reporting the same debt)  And do I send this to the CRA or both CA's?

FICO: EQ 722 | TU 723 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $11.3k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $13.5k, Cap1 $4k, Freedom $5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $5k.

My Credit Repair Journey

Re: PTD letters / Duplicates

That letter is good.  Short , sweet and to the point.  You didn't acknowledge anything.  SOL won't be restarted.

2 CA can report the same debt but only one can actively collect on it.  I would send both of them DV letters and see who responds, if either.

I like that one!  Short and sweet.  No room for misinterpretation.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Established Contributor

Thanks for the help!  

As I write the letters I've come across a question.  These 3 accounts (Marauder, AWA, Unique Natl Coll) are only listed with Experian and would fall off in 2014.  I guess I don't really need this line but if I were to include asking them to "delete from any and all agencies" yet they only reported to one agency, am I opening a can of worms as far as them reporting anything to the other two bureaus if they reject my offer to delete with PIF?  

FICO: EQ 722 | TU 723 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $11.3k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $13.5k, Cap1 $4k, Freedom $5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $5k.

My Credit Repair Journey

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.