Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Before CA reported to CRA

tag
movinup1
New Contributor

Paid Before CA reported to CRA

Hello,

So, I got some $$ for Christmas, and have been wheeling and dealing to get the last handful of baddies off my reports. I had two returned checks that made it to Payliance. I offered PFD in November, but got shut down. I finally PIF last week, only for them to tell me that one of the checks had been sold to Trident Asset Management in December. So the processed my payment for half, and I immediately called this new CA and paid the remaining balance. This new CA, Trident Asset Management has not shown up on my reports yet. Did I dodge a bullet? Will they report, since there's now no more balance on the account? I still have my confirmation showing full payment to Payliance, so if Trident does report, can I dispute saying that full balance was paid to previous collector?  Has anyone else had this happen before?

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Paid Before CA reported to CRA

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  I would send a GW to them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

A collection is the reporting of their authority to collect on the debt, and is reportable as of the date they receive collection authority.

The FCRA does not prevent reporting of that fact after any point in time, such as termiantion of that authority or satisfaction of the debt.

As a practical matter, debt collectors use credit reporting primarily as a tool to further their collection of the debt.

Reporting after satisfaction of the debt serves no business purpose on their part, so is most likely not high on their list of things to do.

Message 4 of 5
foreverb
Valued Member

I have a returned check with Trident Asset Management that is on my credit report, prior to paying it, they advised that it would be deleted from my credit report within 30 days, also provided me with a letter. I paid them and called them to confirm payment recieved, and they confirmed once again it will be removed in 30 dyas...I am just waiting on the alert that it has been removed. I'm sure since they already collected, they should not report...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.