cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid CO showed paid, now shows unpaid???

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Paid CO showed paid, now shows unpaid???

I settled with discover, have it in writing, have the check that cleared my account, payment reflected on EQ 6/8 yet today when I pulled it shows the balance back to the original amount.

What reasons might they have for doing this?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid CO showed paid, now shows unpaid???

When the charged-off debt is paid, the current status should read Paid, and the debt balance should report $0.

However, the amount of the CO remains in your credit file under a separate code.

Perhaps your CR is showing the amount at time of CO, as opposed to current balance?

Message 2 of 4
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

I wish. Its under accounts section where it lists all acounts and has it as the balance. and its back in my util!!!! ughhhhh

one report in the same spot, it showed a $0 balance, the same spot on the following report was back to $1147 Smiley Sad

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If its reported as current balance, then I would dispute its accuracy with the CRA, who has a complete record of the codes used in the reporting.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.