Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Charge Off - +31 Score Increase

tag
SoccerFan
Valued Member

Paid Charge Off - +31 Score Increase

I had a Chase CC that was a CO that I PIF with CA last month, I was very lucky CA did not report to CRB. SW alerted me this morning of a +31 point increase. Report now reads "Paid - was a charge off". Account is closed by grantor but still reflecting a $3200 credit limit. I paid in full $600 to CA last month and was very lucky CA did not report to CRB.

Question, I've had this account since 2003 and was always current until I moved and failed to provide new address. The last 6 months have been devastating on my CR. I sent a GW to Chase CEO the other day and I got a phone call back from someone at the executive office. They are looking into and will call me back today. If they delete this trade line what will the impact be on my CR? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid Charge Off - +31 Score Increase

Congrats on the debt payoff! Point change can vary. It depends on how it is reporting and it's age in relation to your AAoA. If reporting a bunch of lates, including the CO reference, then you can certainly have some great gains there. If this was one of your oldest TL and removed, then you could actually lose points. If one of your newest, then you'd see a bigger gain.
Message 2 of 4
SoccerFan
Valued Member

Failed to mention, I'm hoping to purchase a home as soon as I get my scores to 620. EQ is 580, need to purchase my TU score. Can't afford to have a score decrease at this time, I've been able to increase +100 since 3/09.
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SoccerFan wrote: 
..... I've been able to increase +100 since 3/09.

Wow!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.