Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collection - LDC Collect

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Paid Collection - LDC Collect

I have one paid collection on my credit report.

xxx Municipal Court

LDC Collect

Assigned 03/31/2009

Paid Collection

Paid Balance $100

Current Balance $0

What is the best way to remove this collection account from my report ... I believe I paid the court directly ... I am going to call the court directly to confirm.

10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid Collection - LDC Collect

@azsassycat wrote:

I have one paid collection on my credit report.

xxx Municipal Court

LDC Collect

Assigned 03/31/2009

Paid Collection

Paid Balance $100

Current Balance $0

What is the best way to remove this collection account from my report ... I believe I paid the court directly ... I am going to call the court directly to confirm.

You would need to request a GW deletion from who ever is reporting this TL, most likely LDC Collect.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I'd add to this despite the age.  

Court fees/fines that have gone to collections with LDC are still paid to the court, not LDC.   I have two collections with LDC but I was required to pay the courts directly. 

After payment, I attempted several times to get the collections dropped via GW letter and phone calls to LDC.  I also petitioned the courts to stop reporting the paid collection to LDC - no luck. 

The two collections reported only on my TU.  Fall-off dates of  Mar 2017 and Jan 2019.   

Recently, LDC removed both from my TU report.   Looking back, I see it has been about 12 months since these were paid - not sure if 12 months is their magic number but seems plausible.  

Of all the CA's I had on my reports, LDC was the hardest to work with. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CFPB complaint. They can't report parking tickets anymore. I got 4 deleted from TU via CFPB complaint by mentioning the settlement with the NY AG (applies to all states). They literally responded in a day or two and deleted. The article is here: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/

From the article: The settlement also prohibits collection companies from reporting items that did not arise from a contract or an agreement to pay, including items like fines or tickets.
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I guess they should not be an issue anymore regarding these collections.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.