Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collection Off With the OC

tag
CreditAngel
Valued Member

Paid Collection Off With the OC

Hi All,

I REALLY need some advice on how to remove my LAST baddy from my Transunion credit report (have 2 paid medical collections only on Equifax & Experian).

The collection is about 3years old for $522.  I paid the $522 this weekend to Enterprise Rental car (I have the receipt as proof); however, the collection is reported on my Transunion report by Receiveable Mgmt Group. 

Since I do not owe Receiveable Mgmt Group anything my question is............how do I get them to delete? Letter? Phone call?  Eitherway what would I be requesting? I do not want to make any mistakes and the collection is just updated to PAID!  I really need deletion!!!  

HELP!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid Collection Off With the OC

OC and debt collector reporting is totally separate.  Deletion of one does not require deletion of the other.

Did payment to the debt colledtor include their agreement to a PFD deletion of their reporting?

If the CA deletes, and only OC account reporting remains, the OC reporting is not a collection.  it is delinquencies or a CO by the OC.

The recourse with the OC is only to request their GW deletion of either/or the monthy OC account delinquencies, or any CO they reported.

Message 2 of 4
CreditAngel
Valued Member

Thanks for the info.....

I forgot to add that the OC has NEVER reported this collection on any of my credit reports.  The CA is another story and this is what I want deleted.

Please advise.  

I really hope someone can help me out.   Thanks!!!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As I now understand it, you owed a debt to the OC, who then referred it to a debt collector, without sale of the debt.

You then paid the OC, and now want the debt collector to remove their CA reporting,  Correct?

In that event, the collection authority of the debt collector was then terminated, which required the debt collector only to cease further collection activity, and to update their CA to now show a $0 debt balance owed.  It did not require any CR deletion by the debt collector.  The CA can remain.

Recourse to deletion of the CA would then be by way of a GW letter to them. 

Having been cut out of the debt collection by the OCs acceptance of payment, I would speculate that their good-will may not be exstensive.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.