cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collection Removed from One Bureau - is there a way to remove from others?

tag
madredejames
Established Member

Paid Collection Removed from One Bureau - is there a way to remove from others?

I tried searching the forums but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I apologize if this is repetitive. I had a $100 open collection from a medical services company. I called and paid this off, and asked them to delete from my credit report. They did delete from Equifax - I just got an alert about that. It actually came off fairly quickly, I don't think it's been over 30 days yet. Will this come off the other 2 bureaus report? If not, is there a way I can get it removed? Transunion is still showing me with 1 open collection. I assume it is still there on Experian (don't have access to that one.) Thanks for any help/advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid Collection Removed from One Bureau - is there a way to remove from others?

@madredejames wrote:

I tried searching the forums but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I apologize if this is repetitive. I had a $100 open collection from a medical services company. I called and paid this off, and asked them to delete from my credit report. They did delete from Equifax - I just got an alert about that. It actually came off fairly quickly, I don't think it's been over 30 days yet. Will this come off the other 2 bureaus report? If not, is there a way I can get it removed? Transunion is still showing me with 1 open collection. I assume it is still there on Experian (don't have access to that one.) Thanks for any help/advice.

If they agreed to delete then they most likely have submitted the request to all the CRAs, they dont get updated at the same time can be 2 weeks apart sometimes. If for some reason they dont remove after 60 days has passed I would just give them a call and let them know that they are still reporting on whatever CRA.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid Collection Removed from One Bureau - is there a way to remove from others?

Deletion is discretionary on their part, and if done based on payment of the debt, would be contrary to CRA reporting policy.

There is no way to require deletion of their remaining reporting with other CRAs.

Since such deletion is voluntary and additionally questionable under CRA policy, I would not involve the CRAs by filing any complaint or dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.