Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collection for Retro/Dealing with CA

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Paid Collection for Retro/Dealing with CA

I had an old Retro account listed on TU for $212 and was being collected by First Credit Services or something in Woodbridge.  I decided I would pay this and try to GW it through Retro.  This stupid collection agency was supposed to send me a letter of satisfaction for the past month and has not.  I have called over and over and today they said "please call back we are very busy right now"... I know I took a risk by paying this but I am thinking of now threatning them by way of BBB.  Does anyone have any advice for me on this account?   It is a stupid little collection but is not being reported as paid and IDK what  to do.

Thanks

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid Collection for Retro/Dealing with CA

@tfkallday wrote:

I had an old Retro account listed on TU for $212 and was being collected by First Credit Services or something in Woodbridge.  I decided I would pay this and try to GW it through Retro.  This stupid collection agency was supposed to send me a letter of satisfaction for the past month and has not.  I have called over and over and today they said "please call back we are very busy right now"... I know I took a risk by paying this but I am thinking of now threatning them by way of BBB.  Does anyone have any advice for me on this account?   It is a stupid little collection but is not being reported as paid and IDK what  to do.

Thanks

Refusing to update a collection to paid status when you in fact have paid it is a violation of the FCRA, use the CFPB.

Message 2 of 3
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid Collection for Retro/Dealing with CA

Thanks Gdale, can you tell me what CFPB is? Thanks!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.