Original lender [?] Adelphia Account number [?] XXXXXXXX
Type of account [?] Not Reported
Account holder [?] Individual
Type of credit [?] Not Reported
Payment status [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] Not Reported
Amount past due [?] Not Reported
Account descriptions [?] Not Reported

This is a situation from college where I moved and I'm pretty sure the roomate who was supposed to take care of the final bill didn't.  I discovered it when I tried to get cable hooked up again under my own name a year and a half later.  The letter/number series listed above is the actual reporting name on Equifax report.  The name on the Experian report is Credit Management LP.  My question is that if the original creditor no longer exists-since Adelphia has declared bankrruptcy and been dissolved, does it make any sense to dispute this, or am I better off trying to send a GW letter to the CA listed on my Experian report to see if I can get it deleted.  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Collection from Adelphia...

Comcast took over Adelphia - They might have the records now.

Comcast are greedy SOBs. Good luck!
Message 2 of 3
NeedinHelp42
New Contributor

Re: Paid Collection from Adelphia...

I actually still live in the area and had Comcast take over our service.  In fact, I have a been a customer in good standing of there's, for roughly 2 years now.  They are currently our tv/internet provider.  I wonder if I sent a goodwill letter and made a stink about shelling out nearly 2k a year to them and seeing if they have the power to remove an old $140 paid collection from Adelphia would be the best course of action. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.