Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collection to OC, CA still reporting unpaid

tag
Silver12
Valued Member

Paid Collection to OC, CA still reporting unpaid

Hi all!

I have a collection account with Suburban Credit Corporation reporting (medical) from 2009 that I recently paid off in full to the original creditor.  It's only reporting on Equifax, but it is still showing "unpaid" with a status date of 10/2013.

I paid off the collection to the OC on 5/8/2014, almost 30 days ago.  When I paid, I was told that the OC would let the CA know that it had been taken care of.

Any suggestions on how to get it removed, or at the very least updated to reflect that I paid?

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid Collection to OC, CA still reporting unpaid

Sometimes it takes a while for a paid collection to update, particulary when you have to wait for the OC to communicate to the CA. I think the quickest way to get it updated will be to dispute it with the CRAs and provide proof of payment if you have it. In my experience with medical collections, disputing after paying the OC sometimes results in the tradeline being deleted entirely.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 6
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

I'm guessing this may take up to another 30 days, since the OC probably had 30 days to report and notify the CA, and they in turn would have 30 days to report the change/delete, as defined by your agreement with the OC. I'm nowhere near an expert on these things, but that would be how I'd do the timeline in my head. Maybe wait for other advice, too. Smiley Happy

I'd at least give until the end of June to see if they change it, though. I paid a CO this year through a CA, the OC didn't get payment until nearly two months later because of the way the CA cuts checks and sends them out in batches, and I'm still waiting to see the changes on my report. It's been nearly two months, and the OC received payment only about a week and a half ago. I'm sure you want things taken care of ASAP, but have a bit of patience. If you get to August and still nothing, I might contact the OC again, and possibly the CA directly.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 3 of 6
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@itgirl74 wrote:

Sometimes it takes a while for a paid collection to update, particulary when you have to wait for the OC to communicate to the CA. I think the quickest way to get it updated will be to dispute it with the CRAs and provide proof of payment if you have it. In my experience with medical collections, disputing after paying the OC sometimes results in the tradeline being deleted entirely.

Give them time to update their records, it isn't quick sometimes. You can call and confirm that they have confirmation that you paid, just to be sure.

As soon as it updates on your CR, I would start writing GW letters to attempt removal altogether.

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would be sending a GW letter to the CA asking for its removal.

Message 5 of 6
Silver12
Valued Member

Thanks for the responses all; I might try disputing as I do have a print out of a receipt from the OC showing the charge to my credit card.

Only reason I am in a rush for this is that I am going to have to get a new apartment, and, although I have a few baddies on there (2 CO, some bad lates), all are either paid off in full or 3-4 years ago...this is the only one that is still reporting as unpaid (and the complex told me that unpaid collection is a big red flag for their system).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.