Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collections

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Paid Collections

I had a collection from 2004.  I kept disputing it and finally decided to give in and pay it.  I did not want it to go to a judgment.  Well now when I check my CRs the fall off date has disappeared.  Does that mean I am screwed and it will keep reporting for 10 years now because it is paid?  Does it still not need to fall off since the date it first became late?  I was recently declined a CLI with BoA because of it.  First time I've been denied with them.

Thank you for any insight!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Collections

Disputing it on what basis?

When you say collection, is it being reported by the OC or CA?

Did you just have lates or did it actually get to the CO/Collection status.

Where are you getting the report you are looking at?

Message 2 of 7
nicemann
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Disputing it on what basis?

When you say collection, is it being reported by the OC or CA?

Did you just have lates or did it actually get to the CO/Collection status.

Where are you getting the report you are looking at?

I tried the HIPAA Process.  Didn't work for me.  I give up on that now.

It was a medical bill I didn't pay till years after.

I am looking at my actual Equifax report.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax doesn't give a fall off date, only TU and EX does.

What DOFD is listed?

Message 4 of 7
nicemann
Established Contributor

Sorry I meant EX.  It is not giving a date.  Before I paid it it showed "This account is scheduled to continue on record until Oct 2010" and now it does not have that line on my report.  So I pay it and I get stuck with it on my report for another 10 years or what?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes you have to click "print report" or "printer friendly" to see the removal date.

If even after that it doesn't show one, I would start by calling EX and ask what the FCRA Compliance Date is or the estimated date of removal if they don't know what FCRA Compliance Date is.

Message 6 of 7
nicemann
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sometimes you have to click "print report" or "printer friendly" to see the removal date.

If even after that it doesn't show one, I would start by calling EX and ask what the FCRA Compliance Date is or the estimated date of removal if they don't know what FCRA Compliance Date is.

Yeah I tired to print the report and it does not show it anymore.  Guess I will have to call them up whenever I can get their hours to work around my job hours.  I am current on that it still should be the same remove date , right?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.