Did you mean: 

Paid Debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Debt

Greetings all.
I am wondering if there is a letter for the following issue I have @ this time:
Macy acct which was bought by Titan Management> Settlement offer was made and paid on 3/30/2007. Original amount $1169.98. Settlement Amount $759.85 The amount written off $410.13 has now been assumed by different CA, Capital Management Services.
I have a copy of the settlement letter and the paid check to Titan.
How do I get this issue resolved? $410.13 is showing up on my CR as a bad debt and disputing with the CR has not corrected this. Who do I send a letter to? Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Debt

Dear sidewinder,
Thank you for the reply.
The DV letter I found on this forum would be acceptable?
Is this a common occurence that the remaining amount from a settlement is picked up by another CO?
How do they get it?
I have settled may accounts in the past 3 years and this is a first, thank goodness.
Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

robmod wrote:
Greetings all.
I am wondering if there is a letter for the following issue I have @ this time:
Macy acct which was bought by Titan Management> Settlement offer was made and paid on 3/30/2007. Original amount $1169.98. Settlement Amount $759.85 The amount written off $410.13 has now been assumed by different CA, Capital Management Services.
I have a copy of the settlement letter and the paid check to Titan.
How do I get this issue resolved? $410.13 is showing up on my CR as a bad debt and disputing with the CR has not corrected this. Who do I send a letter to? Any help is appreciated.

Very common.

Does your settlement offer state that the account will be considered paid in full? This is very important when settling for less than amount owed.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter states "Once your payment is received and sufficient funds are confirmed, our office will consider your account settled in full."
I do have an original collection letter by Titan stating that they have assumed the account from Macys for collection.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

robmod wrote:
The letter states "Once your payment is received and sufficient funds are confirmed, our office will consider your account settled in full."
I do have an original collection letter by Titan stating that they have assumed the account from Macys for collection.

I would send a DV to the new CA.

Also send a copy of your settlement offer and proof of payment to the CRA and dispute the new account report.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sidewinder,
Thank you for the reply.
The DV letter I found on this forum would be acceptable?
Is this a common occurence that the remaining amount from a settlement is picked up by another CO?
How do they get it?
I have settled may accounts in the past 3 years and this is a first, thank goodness.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.