Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Judgement- Credit Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Judgement- Credit Reporting

I paid off a $7k judgement and should be receiving SOJ in the next few days. My question is: Should I file it with the credit bureauas, or wait for the judgment to age off of my reports in June? I just don't want to cause it to stay on my reports for another 7 years. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rebuilder2016
Contributor

Re: Paid Judgement- Credit Reporting

When Equifax updated mine to paid my score dropped 10 points and then it was removed a few weeks later and score increased 20 points. So I would just wait if I were you.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

And this is where I get confused. I have a settled and released judgment from Citi thru the lawyers. It shows as public record and comes off next summer. What should my credit report say about the outcome of the judgment? Was I supposed to have sent the paperwork to the CB's? I've had the paperwork for a couple of years now.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have noticed the CRA with evidence of update of the public record to show paid, they would have noted as such in your file, but it would not have impacted your score.

No harm done.

Once you hit 7 years from the date of the judgment, notify the CRA that it has reached its exclusion date.  They will then be required to exclude.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.