Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Judgement Removal?

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Paid Judgement Removal?

I saw somewhere that if you have a paid judgement you can dispute to get it removed? Is this true or do I have to file a motion to vacate the judgement through the court process?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid Judgement Removal?

Payment of any debt is not basis for deletion of the prior reporting of adverse information that occured along the way.

It remains accurate, and thus is not basis for a dispute.

Additionally, a judgment is a public record, and thus is excluded from the direct dispute process.  Your dispute would have to be sent to a CRA.

In verifying public record information, there is normally no "furnisher" of the information, as the CRA usually obtains and posts the information to the consumer's file by their own public records searches.  In reviewing dispute of a judgment, they will most likely only check to see if the public record still exists, and if so, they will verify.

Vacating the judgment removes it from the public record, and is thus the normal path to eventually getting it removed from your credit report.

Does your state code permit discretion to the courts to vacate a judgment based on its satisfaction?

Message 2 of 3
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid Judgement Removal?

I live in Washington state, and I have will have to find this information out. There is a bigger problem that I was improperly served papers, that led to garnishment and now it is paid and on my credit report. So I may be able to have everything removed based off of those facts.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.