Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Judgement

My judgement was in Illinos in Kane county. 
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if this will work on a judgement I already paid serveral years ago?
Message 12 of 16
Chadius
Contributor

That is what I was wondering too. I have several that I paid in full a couple of years ago.
Message 13 of 16
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

Not only are there a multitude of jurisdictions, but there are different types of judgments within each jurisdiction.

In many states, judgments rendered through housing courts are easy to have vacated with PIF.  So are judgments from small claims courts and, to a lesser extent, judgments resulting from tax liens.

Other judgments may be difficult.  A lot depends not only on the jurisdiction, but also on the judge.  Generally speaking, judgments should not be vacated simply because you have paid them.  Instead, they should simply be marked as satisfied/

Message 14 of 16
honeybunnygal
Regular Contributor

Hello again,

I have already checked the Cook county forms & see that the form to satisfy & vacate a judgement is available. I was just wondering how you went about paying the judgement. Did you contact the plaintiff's attorney and write a "pay for vacate" letter?

Thanks again!

Hard work & patience can go a long way!
8/2009 (myFICO): TU - 599, EQ - 656
7/23/2010 (LO pull): TU - 738, EQ - 801, EX - 785
4/12/2012 (myFICO): TU -778, EQ - 791
Message 15 of 16
hollywdredd
Valued Member

I have 3 paid judgements on my Eq report only. One was showing up on my TU report but when I disputed to have it reported as satisfied it dropped off, so I went to the civil court (I'm in NYC) to go the vacate route - i figured what did I have to lose. I filed orders to vacate the judgements, and went back to pick up the paperwork and judge signed off. My court date is in early Jan so we'll see what happens.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.