Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Judgement

Here is my issue.

Back in 2007, we were late on our lot rent in a trailer park. The owner of the park sued us but we settled in full before we had the hearing. The park owner was supposed to file a claim to dismiss the judgement but she "went on vacation" or so she said and never got around to it. It is showing on my credit report, shows as paid, but is there a way to get it removed? I have a letter from the owner saying that she was sorry she didn't get to dismiss it in time for it not to be on my credit report.

It isn't set to remove until 2014 and we're trying to buy a home. I'm working on cleaning this up within the next 6 months so we can apply. If I cannot get this removed, will taking her letter to the mortgage company help my chances of getting a mortgage loan? I'm very angry with her as the judgement was for $1100 and we ended up giving her our trailer (worth about $15000) because we didn't have the cash to pay the judgement and didn't want this on our credit report.

I'm new to all of this credit bureau stuff so I'm clueless. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

PS: My scores are 640, 625 and 605.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Paid Judgement

Were you ever served?  Did you go to court?

I am guessing no, you took her word for it.

I would go to the court house and have them pull the paperwork.  Show them her letter and tell them you were never served.  Even if she did not dismiss it, you should have been served some type of summons.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Judgement

No, I was never served nor went to court. Thank you. I will go to the courthouse and bring the letter she sent to me. I appreciate the advice.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.