cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Judgement

tag
kldbv982

Paid Judgement

Hey Guys, Lookin for some direction here...

I am in the process of trying to buy my first home. I have an open judgement against me from 2007. It was filed by my father during a falling out we had. I paid the judgement 2 weeks ago via certified check. In CT, the plantiff has 90 days to file a Satisfaction of Judgement. The problem is he is now holding out on that unless he receives more money than the settlement was for. He will wait all 90 days to file unless I pay him more money. He represented himself so there is no attorney to contact. I do not want to put everything on hold for 3 months. Anything you guys can think of to show this as satisfied? I sent the info to the lender, but they want it actually OFF my CR. I have a receipt and copy of the cashier's check (with the docket number on it). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Starting Score: 525 EQ 530 TU 518 EX
Current Score: 610 EQ 640 TU 599 EX
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Paid Judgement

Satisifying the judgment will not remove it.

Have you gone to the court house to show them the receipt?

Message 2 of 4
kldbv982

I have not, I will try that. I realize it will not remove it. It just needs to say that it is satisfied.

Starting Score: 525 EQ 530 TU 518 EX
Current Score: 610 EQ 640 TU 599 EX
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.