Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Judgement

Hello,

I have a Paid judgement that was filed in October of 2009.  It's showing on Equifax and TU, but not Experian.  I was able to get all CRA's to remove the associated accounts (over 7 years old) but the Judgement remains.  Will the judgement remain on there for 7 years from the filed date or the payment date?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid Judgement

It's my understanding that it stays there for 7 years from the date it was filed.  I'm dealing with the same thing, a paid judgement from May 2010.  

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its 7 years from the date it was granted. I would look into getting it vacated on grounds its been paid if the court allows it its gone from your CRs now.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale,  did you mean try and get it vacataed with the CRA's, as in file a dispute? or get it vacated with the courts?  or with the firm that filed the suite or all of the above?...lol  

joey, what's your plan of attack?

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

gdale,  did you mean try and get it vacataed with the CRA's, as in file a dispute? or get it vacated with the courts?  or with the firm that filed the suite or all of the above?...lol  

joey, what's your plan of attack?

Vacating a judgment is done at the court level by filing a motion in the court that granted it to vacate it, some jurisdictions allow it others dont. You do not do anything with the CRAs or the entity that filed the suit. You can check with the clerk of the court to see if they have a form for this.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.