Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Medical collections

tag
gcald
Established Member

Paid Medical collections

I'm new to the site . Need someone's help. Thanks in advance. Please PM the HIPPA process, as I would like to get deletions on paid collections. I paid the OC and not the CA.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
deedeetron

Re: Paid Medical collections

I started last Dec. and sent out certified letters to OC some didn't respond within 30 days so they dropped off my report after forwarding all correspondence to CRAs.

Next I contacted all CAs and requested a validation of debt same thing happened as previously with OC, those that remained I agreed to pay for delete from CRAs. It actually works. I am very pleased with NCC which holds my med accts. I receieved letters with agreed settled amounts and statements agreeing to report to CRAs to delete negative info. It is a process and takes time. It is worth it though and gives you peace of mind.  Good luck and keep copies of everything. Smiley Happy

March 2014 : EQ-541 EX-622 TR-493

May 2014: EQ-563 EX-603 TR-601

June 2014 EQ- 546 EX- 590 TR-733:

:Goal by DEC 2014 640

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@gcald wrote:
I'm new to the site . Need someone's help. Thanks in advance. Please PM the HIPPA process, as I would like to get deletions on paid collections. I paid the OC and not the CA.

We cant discuss in detail this process you can Google it, however it is for unpaid collections, if you have already paid them you will need to GW the reporting entity.

Message 3 of 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

@gcald wrote:

Check your inbox! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@gcald wrote:

We cant discuss in detail this process you can Google it, however it is for unpaid collections, if you have already paid them you will need to GW the reporting entity.

Not necessarily true, HIPAA works when you PAY the OC not the CA... this person has a good chance of getting them removed.

Message 5 of 6
deedeetron

look up thread on HIPPA process and collections agencies...there's several issues addressed and some links for further reading. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.