Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Midland Collection - How To Remove

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Midland Collection - How To Remove

So, I've done a great job of removing all collections from my reports except Midland Funding...a thorn in my side.

I've done disputes and goodwill letter but netiher have worked.  The original creditor was GE Money Bank (Amazon) and it was charged off in 2012. So, its on my report until 2/2018. 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Midland Collection - How To Remove

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I've done a great job of removing all collections from my reports except Midland Funding...a thorn in my side.

I've done disputes and goodwill letter but netiher have worked.  The original creditor was GE Money Bank (Amazon) and it was charged off in 2012. So, its on my report until 2/2018. 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

You can try talking to the original creditor, but I doubt they will do anything as the account has been sold to a collection agency. Midland will not remove that collection for just about anything. The only way to have it removed were if it were erroneous and belonged to someone else or something along those lines.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid Midland Collection - How To Remove

The CRAs do not want accurate historical information deleted by furnishes.

They are in the business of selling histories to others, and the value of their product is enhanced by its completeness.

They include instructions in their credit reporting manual not to delete.

Furnshers are obliged, at least while they continue to have credit reporting agreements, to comply with that reporting policy.

You will thus get nowhere with the CRAs on efforts to remove paid collections.  There is no disputable inaccuracy that would compel deletion of a paid collection.

Debt collectors, if they do choose to grant deletions, need not provide any reason to the CRAs, so if they do grant a GW deletion, there is no basis for for the CRA to question its apppropriateness

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.