Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Mobile Bill, Now Collections

tag
BooBee
New Contributor

Paid Mobile Bill, Now Collections

Had a t-mobile bill last year that went 120+ over due because I canceled service and got slapped with the cancellation fees (which I made the choice to do).  I was so upset with the service that I figured I'd make them wait for payment but not too long.

Got a notice last fall threatening collection agency action so I paid promptly to avoid it going that far.  Got my latest report that became available today from my Score Watch service and noticed a new collection account for this bill that I already paid several months ago.

Can I get this removed since it was paid directly to my cellular provider already?  Should I call agency and demand it be removed since I know for a fact I paid the cellular provider directly?

This pulled my score down big!

Message Edited by BooBee on 05-22-2008 11:44 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Mobile Bill, Now Collections

Dispute...and if it comes back verified...I would try and contact T-Mobile...someone needs to explain this...
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd wait to dispute but call T-mobile as mentioned.

I'm in the same boat with Verizon Wireless. They are listed as a CO on my report with CAs calling, but not reporting. I called VZW today and made a gutsy decision to pay the CO (they will delete after a payment but discussing how may violate TOS of these forums). I asked them what would happen if I decided to pay VZW directly. They said that they are bound by contract to pass the payment to the CA. The CA decided to add fees of their own (could violate FDCPA - prohibited practice).

If I pay, then the CA could come around and decide to report as paid for less than full or settled for less than full because of those fees. The same probably happened to you. The CA may have added their own fees. When you paid T-mobile, they may have sent that payment to the CA and therefore it appears on your CR.
Message 3 of 4
momof2
Frequent Contributor

sent the CA a letter requesting they provide you proof that you paid them as they payee and that they have 15 days to provide the proof that you paid them, and that if in that 15 days they cant prove they were the ones paid that they MUST delete it from your CR's w/in 10 days, happy days told me to do that with one VA that was being reported even though they werent paid, 2 weeks later i got a letter in the mail saying that they were having it removed from my CR's. if they werentpaid then they dont have the proof, simple as that!!
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.