Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid NYS Tax/Judgement removal :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid NYS Tax/Judgement removal :(

Hi guys

I need help! Im trying to refinance my student loans and my credit score is only a 659. I need to increase it to at least a 700. I have a paid NYS tax judgement on my experian credit report back in March 2013. Transunion is recording the wrong date, case number and has it as a tax lien. I know that it takes approximately 5-7 years for it to be removed.

Please help! I'm desperate for this to be removed. Are there any letters that I can send?

Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid NYS Tax/Judgement removal :(

Paid judgments are excludable under NYS General Business Law, Section 380-j(f)(1) at a shortened period of 5 years, as opposed to their exclusion at 7 years under the federal FCRA.

Once the judgment has reached five years from date of entry, send proof of current NY state residency to the CRA and request exclusion based on the NYS statute.

Note that tax liens do not have a shortened exclusion period under the NYS statute.  Their exclusion date remains the federal standard or 7 years from date paid.

The shortened exclusion period of 5 years under NYS statute applies only to judgments, charge-offs and collections.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.