Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid OC CA delettion

tag
Bell536
Contributor

Paid OC CA delettion

Hi all,

So... still working hard at cleaning up some baddies.  Not sure what to do about this one...

We moved back in 2009 and thought we had paid PSE&G the entire balance remaining.  Unfortunately we moved again (3 times in the past 3 years) so we never got a statement from them.  Well, they sent it to collections and we didn't know until we pulled our credit reports mid April this year.   I called PSE&G and a customer service rep told me that amount that was due and the address to send it.  So I ran out, paid extra $ to overnight it along with a request for deletion.  They received the money and said they would notify the collections department (Mercantile Adjustment Bureau) - I'm not sure if it is a separate collections agency or if it is just a department of PSE&G.  Anyway, it took them a week to show on the account that it was paid in full.  I called and spoke with a PSE&G rep and he confirmed that they would delete the tradeline.  They said they could not send me anything in writing though.  

Then I also called Merc Adj B and a rep there said that the showed that it was paid but they don't report until the 10th of May but they would not delete because they needed an email from PSE&G.  So I called PSE&G again and spoke with a rep who said he would send an email requesting them to delete.  I called Merc adj B back a week later and they said they never got an email with a deletion request.  So after FIVE calls,(including two emails to the CEO and EVP who never responded) PSE&G is saying that they have no control over the CA and that it will just report as paid.  Now why would I have heard so many different stories?  I feel like I am a ping pong ball going back and forth and at this point I don't know what to do anymore.  Can anyone help please?  Any suggestions?

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid OC CA delettion

The debt collector is not required to delete based on satisfaction of the debt, whether paid tto them or to the OC.

The OC can request the debt collector to delete, but cannot require them to delete accurate reporting.

You must ultimately rely on the good will of the debt collector.

I would be cautious about becoming too confrontational with them, as they can simply refuse to do anything other than report their collection as now closed with a $0 balance under collection.

Message 2 of 3
Bell536
Contributor

Re: Paid OC CA delettion

Yes, I am aware of that. Thank you.  My main concern was that they told me they would delete but then that was contradicted. 

I'm never confrontational with debt collectors or creditors.

I guess what your suggestion is to try to GW the CA.

Thanks.

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.