Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid OC - Will CA delete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid OC - Will CA delete?

Hi and thanks for reading this.  I've been diligently working on restoring my credit over the past year and this forum has been incredibly helpful, thank you to all who have lent their expertise.  My very last collection item (and only blemish) came just recently for an old Allegheny power bill that I forgot about since I had moved and didn't receive notices for due to change of address.  I tried to negotiate with the CA who were incredibly inflexible.  I found the old Allegheny bill in a box packed away and paid it directly with them.  I was wondering if since I paid Allegheny directly and they processed my payment in full directly is there a way to have the collection removed?  I really appreciate any comments and feedback you can provide.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dwhanc00
New Contributor

Re: Paid OC - Will CA delete?

My best success has been going directly through the original creditor vs the CA. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the note.  Would you then suggest I contact Allegheny and have them remove the collection they have with the Collection Agency?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

CA repofting is independent of the OC.  The OC has no authority to update or delete reporting on a CA.

All the OC can do is to terminate further collection authority, and notify the debt collector to update the CA to show a $0.

You can try a GW letter to the debt collector.

Message 4 of 5
dwhanc00
New Contributor

I have had all of my medical collections removed at the request of the OC.  Maybe it is different with corporate companies, but the CA removed them when requested by OC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.