cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid OC but CA wants proof from me it's paid??

tag
Tdbremer
Established Member

Paid OC but CA wants proof from me it's paid??

I had a ER visit go to collections and after trying to PFD them, I decided to call the hospital and pay them. I paid it and she copied me on the email she sent to the CA asking that the TL be removed. The CA called this morning wanting their money and I told them it had been PIF to the OC and that the OC. Sent them proof to pull from collections. The CA said the didnt have proof of that and it was still showing a balance. I called the hospital back and she said she has sent them 3 items showing that it's paid. Called the CA back and they said they want a receipt from ME???! I don't know what to do. They shouldn't need proof from me should they? What should my next steps be?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tdbremer
Established Member

Re: Paid OC but CA wants proof from me it's paid??

Btw the receipt is in the mail coming to me from the hospital, I'm just frustrated that the CA won't pull it based on their clients word?
Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Tdbremer wrote:
Btw the receipt is in the mail coming to me from the hospital, I'm just frustrated that the CA won't pull it based on their clients word?

The burden of this now falls on them.  If they are reporting to your CR with a balance showing, then it is incorrect.  The records should come to them from the OC, not from you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
Tdbremer
Established Member

That's what I thought. Now I start Hipaa...why do the CRAS delete these? Just curious how the process works? Do I send a dispute to the CRAS first via pre hipaa?
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There is nothing illegal or wrong about a CA reporting a medical collections, paid or unpaid.

Back in the day before people knew what HIPAA was and what it was all about, things were easier to get deleted.  Over the years HIPAA has become a household word and is easy, for the most part, to understand. 

There are very clear rules on who your information can be given to and a collection agency is one of them.  There are also rules on what can be on a persons CR. 

As for why the CRAs may delete them, I have no clue.  It is probably just easier to delete. 

Other than that, you will need to google and find out the process.  It is something we cannot discuss in detail here.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.