Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Papa John's Account / Security Check a.k.a. Pay Alliance

tag
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Paid Papa John's Account / Security Check a.k.a. Pay Alliance

I made an online payment to Pay Alliance yesterday for an outstanding $35 returned check from a few years ago. They sent me a receipt of the payment and indicated that the account is now satisfied. After thinking about it, I responded to the email and asked what the likelihood of having this removed from my credit report would be, but I received no response. I'm seriously hoping that they delete it. Here's my question(s), should I begin preparing a GW letter now to send off, or should I wait a bit and see if they delete it? Truly, I have been trying to get this account resolved for well over a year now, and I stated that in my email to them. I'd been calling Papa John's corporate office, sending emails to people there asking how to get it resolved etc. Only thing I got was an updated entry on my report saying last activity was back in 2009 which says to me somebody got my emails and just didn't respond. Heck, I was trying to pay them, not negotiate. Anyway, after pulling my report and scores from this site, I decided to google that funny number that shows up in place of the name of the CA and found out who it was and did more searching to see about how to pay them. Feedback is greatly appreciated. I really want to fix my credit.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Paid Papa John's Account / Security Check a.k.a. Pay Alliance

Let me know how that goes.  My friend has two of those outstanding checks with them for Papa John's.

She's not ready to pay them yet, but is gearing up for it.

My suggestion is to keep writing GW letters.

Message 2 of 7
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. I'll get started on that.

Message 3 of 7
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Many times, there is a third party involved (i.e. certegy).  Is Papa John's actually the CO on your CR?

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Message 4 of 7
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Hey there-

Here's how it's listed

Collection Agency- 833YC38114 (Security Check a.k.a. Pay Alliance)

Original Balance- $16

Current Balance- $35

Date Assigned- Jun, 2006

Original Lender- Papa Johns s820

Account Number- xxxxxxx

Account Holder- individual

Account Discriptions- Returned Check

Message 5 of 7
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

Hey there-

Here's how it's listed

Collection Agency- 833YC38114 (Security Check a.k.a. Pay Alliance)

Original Balance- $16

Current Balance- $35

Date Assigned- Jun, 2006

Original Lender- Papa Johns s820

Account Number- xxxxxxx

Account Holder- individual

Account Discriptions- Returned Check

Just curious...have you pulled all 3 of your free annual credit reports from annualcreditreport.com? And, if so, is this TL listed on more than one CR?

The reason I ask is my DH had 2 paid checks from 2008 listed on his EX and EQ reports under Security Check. At some point, Security Check changed their name to Payliance and updated the TL on his EX report to show their new name, plus they were no longer listed as a collection agency, but as an OC, which I think made it look worse - scorewise. The TL on EQ stayed the same with their old name.

I found a contact name for them on the ACA website and we made a call to that person (had to leave a message). We asked if they could remove it from his credit reports since it was paid long ago and we were getting ready to buy a house and wanted to improve our credit scores as much as possible. The lady finally called us back a couple of days later. She got DH's info and then forwarded it to another department. Another person from that dept called us the next day. Once we talked to her, the listing on his EX report was gone within a day or two. We did have to call back a couple of times to get them to remove the EQ listing. I don't think they actively report to EQ any more, so they had to go in and do a manual delete on it.

So, I guess my point is...they will delete. I think it's a just a matter of talking to the right person. Do a google search for ACA and then search for Payliance under their member directory.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 6 of 7
RecoveringShopaholic
New Contributor

was this account ever deleted?  I have the same issue?  wondering what to do before I pay it, although I goofed entering info (didnt read) and entered the original check info...Hilarious...we shall see.  I tried calling to cancel it but no such luck getting someone on the phone.  this is a never ending battle for 22 bucks. ugh.

Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.