Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Tax Lien

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Paid Tax Lien

I have a tax lien showing a balance of over $3k reporting.  If I am unable to get it removed will it showing as paid help my scores?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Paid Tax Lien

Hi Shellie, unfortunately it will not help your score as you are already getting dinged by the public record. Have you tried to get it vacated in your state?

DaBears

Message 2 of 23
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I can't get a straight answer from any one. Some say that it will stay on my reports for 10 years from the date filed which was 2007, some say that it will stay for 7 years from the date paid, some say that you just send the release to the CRB and they will remove it.  I can't get a straight answer from anyone.  i don't know who else to call.  I have called the OK Tax Comm and my county court clerk and spoke to my tax preparer and no one knows for certain.

Message 3 of 23
DaBears
Senior Contributor

The county clerk should know if you can have a paid tax lien vacated. Let me look at the OK law on this. I will PM you.

DaBears

Message 4 of 23
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Ok thanks! 

Message 5 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The FCRA sets the time limits that a Tax Lien can report on your CR. For paid liens its 7 years from the date of payment with the exception of CA which allows 10 years from the date of original filing. To remove a Tax Lien that is paid you would need to file a Lien Withdrawl request with the issuing authority, if its granted this is what removes the lien from your CRs. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I assume that the OK tax comm is the issuing authority?  When I talk to them they give me 10 different answers.  No one can give me a straight answer. 

Message 7 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Shellie wrote:

I assume that the OK tax comm is the issuing authority?  When I talk to them they give me 10 different answers.  No one can give me a straight answer. 

More than likely if its a OK state lien. When you call them again you would ask for the procedure for a lien withdrawl.

Message 8 of 23
Shellie
Valued Contributor

i have asked several times to several different people in different depts within the OK tax comm.  No on gives the same answer. 

Message 9 of 23
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Spoke to the OK tax comm again and now they are telling me that it will stay on for 7 years from the date paid.  And why would I think that it should be removed since it was reported accurately.  

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.