Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Tuition collection.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Tuition collection.

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to rebuild. I currently have a collection reporting on all three reports from ConServe for unpaid tuition . I paid the collection and they updated to paid in full. I didn't know that I could have made a call to the school to explained my situation of having surgery and other medical issues and ask to pull from the collection agency. I could have made arrangements but it's too late now. Has anyone had any luck with a goodwill to ConServe? Should I still contact the school and ask if they can have ConServe to remove although it's paid? I'm returning to school in the fall.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid Tuition collection.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to rebuild. I currently have a collection reporting on all three reports from ConServe for unpaid tuition . I paid the collection and they updated to paid in full. I didn't know that I could have made a call to the school to explained my situation of having surgery and other medical issues and ask to pull from the collection agency. I could have made arrangements but it's too late now. Has anyone had any luck with a goodwill to ConServe? Should I still contact the school and ask if they can have ConServe to remove although it's paid? I'm returning to school in the fall.

I would just try a GW letter to the reporting creditor if that doesnt work you might try to get the OC to ask their collector to remove the TL. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I will try that and see what happens!
Message 3 of 8
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Conserve has been a pain in the ass. I went to pay my tuition online (granted it was late), but couldn't. I forgot about it and finally went to pay once I received a collection letter. It was very late because they had the wrong address. In the meantime, they reported. I asked the school to pull it back and they refused. I asked Conserve to pay and remove and they were very rude and only said they would show a paid in full. 

Let me know how it goes. I also had medical issues. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't sent any communication yet. I decided to focus on a collection that I agreed to PFD. I know ConServe is going to be a pain because I haven't had any luck with them yet. But I'm hoping the school pulls it. I didn't know you could ask the school to pull before I paid ConServe. So I'm not sure how the school will look at the situation because it's a zero balance. I have started to draft a goodwill letter. I will send it to the school in the next two weeks. I will keep you updated.
Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A good will request would go to the debt collector, not the OC.

The OC cannot report deletion of credit reporting that was made by another.  Only the debt collector can delete their own reporting.

The OC cannot, after payment of the debt, terminate collection authority prior to payment of the debt.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have ask ConServe and the updated it to paid in full. I'm going to ask the school to see if they can get it deleted.
Message 7 of 8
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Conserve placed the debt, so they're the only ones to remove. A goodwill letter needs to be sent to them. Not sure anyone has had luck with them because they kept telling me that they could only do what the contract states, which is sorta true. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.