Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid a CA - What Next ?

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Paid a CA - What Next ?

Hello,

I have posted here before about 3 TLs Eastern Account System is collecting on behalf of Comcast. I tried PFD and they wouldn't budge, but because the amounts are small and the account is very new (closed 2011), I decided to pay in full, and try the GW approach through to get it deleted.

So, I sent the payment - of about $150 for the two accounts -  they received the payment, and did promise that they will update their reporting to CRA, but they have not yet done so. I was going to ask them to update their records to PAID, but I have decided to hold my breadth for one reason: there is still about $250 left on the last TL.  Since I am applying for mortgage sometime next year, I want to get these taken care of now and hopefully get them deleted through GW by the time I apply.

Given the above, I am wondering if I should:

-- just go ahead, pay it off and then GW them to delete all three at once?   OR

-- GW them now to delete the two that I paid before making payment on the 3rd account?

-- Dispute the two that I paid with the CRAs and have them update their records?

Thanks - Oy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid a CA - What Next ?

Since there is one unpaid account, I would pay that one first and GW all three. Since all three CA's would be paid, you have a little more sway in your direction to get them to delete. Remember, be persistent and patient.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 5
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Yes, I thought so too ---- so in all my communications with them since the payment for the first two accounts, I have not raised the issue of deletion. I want to split the rest of the balance into two - payng 150 at the end of November and the rest at the end of December. Once I finish paying - I will then work on the deletes.  

Thanks again ....

Rgds, Oy

Message 3 of 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Focused and patient . Don't rush the process. 

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 5
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Focused and patient . Don't rush the process. 

Nicholasyud - thanks for your message - i like the sound of it - but is a bit cryptic:  can you please explain further - i think I have an idea - but more details would really help. 

Rgds, Oyiwaa

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.