cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid an account off last year...started working on my credit this year...help please....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid an account off last year...started working on my credit this year...help please....

I had a COed account with Chase. Collection agency had called me about two years ago. I was just starting to wworry about my credit at the time and took a settlement from them. The collection was never on my CR but it was marked as COed. Anyway I took a settlement with a monthly payment and ending up paying them off last September....they promised me they would remove my account off my CR. Obviously they lied to me ugh so this account is set to stay on my account until July 2017....since I already paid this off what can I do about this? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid an account off last year...started working on my credit this year...help please....

I would begn by calling their executive office and explaining the situation to a senior manager.

If they wont grant the promised deletion,then send a letter of complaint regarding their poor and deceptive business practice to the BBB.

I would not recommend a dispute with the CRA.

It is direclty contrary to published CRA policy for a furnisher to delete their prior reporting of derogs based on payment of the debt.

You dont want to request the CRA to reinvestigate the issue of potential creditor deletion based on payment of the debt.  Keep it between you and the creditor.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid an account off last year...started working on my credit this year...help please....

Perfect! Thanks I'll be doing that today and report back with my hopefully updates deletion Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.