Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid and unpaid medical debt

tag
nodaysoff
Established Member

Re: Paid and unpaid medical debt

well i guess it is the same since it prevents them from releasing your info to other  companies

Message 11 of 16
2NE1
Established Contributor

@nodaysoff wrote:

well i guess it is the same since it prevents them from releasing your info to other  companies

yes... but collections can still access your info, etc etc... you can always call or access your CR online and dispute any personal information that is not accurate or mispelled, etc.

Message 12 of 16
nodaysoff
Established Member

ok. So ill have to send the form off the privacyrightsnow.com site to opt out all creditors? I read somewhere on here that i should only send this for good standing accounts, guessing ill hold off till i pay those unpaid medical bills.....THANKS for being PATIENT with me, really

Message 13 of 16
2NE1
Established Contributor

No problem! Smiley HappyI've never heard of [privacyrightsnow.com] but you do not have to wait to update your personal info AFTER paying the medical bills. From own experience, I first called each CRA (while looking at my CRs at hand) and told them which information needed to be corrected. Then I sent the pre-HIPAA letters to each CRA by Certified Mail and waited for their response. I got all my unpaid bills removed. These were 3-4 year old bills.

Message 14 of 16
nodaysoff
Established Member

Cool, yeah i got that site off here.

So, i have four PFDs ready to go out tommorrow ( two non medical, two medical), I hope they bite. Should i include a copy of the said report on there? I didnt put my social down, just name address and the account numbers/xxxx.

Message 15 of 16
nodaysoff
Established Member

And these are going out CM... such a rookie lol

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.