Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collection - 120 days late?

tag
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Paid collection - 120 days late?

I have a paid collection reporting on my Equifax report as and open account, 120 late. Under description, it says Paid Collection. I should also mention this is reporting in the "accounts" section of my report, and not under collections. Should I contact The CA and have then fix this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid collection - 120 days late?

A paid collection should have a current status of closed, $0 under collection.  All looks correct  from the debt collector's end except possibly the showing that the collection is still open.  Minor issue, as it is reporting paid, and all paid collections are closed once the debt is satisfied. 

Is the OC account upon which the collection was based also reporting?  If so, might the "open" status refer to the OC account as opposed to the collection?

The 120 late issue is based on the OC account, as you dont have monthly derogs with a debt collector. Commercial credit reports often intermix reporting done by an OC and a debt collector in a manner that implies reporting was done by one party when it in fact was done by another.

Sure, give them a call and ask them the status of their last reporting. 

Message 2 of 3
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Re: Paid collection - 120 days late?

Thanks! The OC isn't reporting at all anymore. I think I'll give the CA a call on Monday to straighten it out...I just hope they don't throw another "dispute" comment on my report...I just got them all off!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.