Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collection through CCS-progressive account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid collection through CCS-progressive account

Has anyone tackled this issue? I have a paid collection on my TU report for 78$ for a lapsed policy from progressive insurance in 2015 that was assigned to CCS and paid to CCS. I would like to get this deleted but since it was already paid to CCS I can't use a PFD. Would a GW letter to progressive be the best route to take to have this removed?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid collection through CCS-progressive account

the GW letter would go to the party whose reporting you wish deleted.... in this case, the debt collector, not the OC.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a progressive Account on TU deleted with same agency. I would just call them and ask for a delete.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid on 6/12 and was deleted on 6/31 agency is from Norwood mass. I don't think you would have much hassle just ask politely. GOOD LUCK
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok that's what I figured, that I would need to write/call to CCS since I paid them.

Afterlife: What exactly did you say to the rep from progressive you spoke with? I'm a really awful phone person and always blank out when someone gets on the other line. Assuming I'm able to have progressive to agree to deleting the account, do they even have the power to do that since I paid CCS and not the OC? I'm still fairly new to this.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive isn't the one reporting it to the CRA, CCS is. I had the same collection and I did a PFD with them. I called CCS and just flat out asked them for a PFD.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just flat out asked for a deletion. U should be good. Just be polite and say like can you please have this deleted of your report.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU went up 89 points as it was my only collection left
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brandon1, I can't do a PFD for a debt that has already been paid to them, can I? I paid them last February when I got their first letter(before knowing any better) so I'm not sure a PFD will still work? Would I be writing more of a GW letter instead?

Afterlife: does Progressive have the power to have a collection entry deleted if it was sold to a CA? How does that work? CCS buys the debt and is then paid by me but Progressive still has the ability to have CCS delete the entry? I just want to make sure I understand all this, I'm still a bit overwhelmed. This is one of the last collections on my TU report and it's sitting at 551 right now while my EX and EQ scores are way ahead so I want to get TU caught up.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure exactly how this works. I have 2 collections at CCS from Liberty Mutual (I was yelled at by my local agent because I wanted my 3 bills to be consolidated into my login account, it would sporadically show 1 of the 3 at any given time, so I got pissed, refused to pay and got different insurance and forgot about them), but none of them are on my reports. I paid one of them through my Liberty Mutual account, and CCS now says they have no record of a third account.

I believe that it is possible that Progressive would recall it based on that information.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.