cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid consolidated loan shows current status = late??

tag
ireland381
Established Member

Paid consolidated loan shows current status = late??

I have 5 students loans that I consolidated several years ago that were late at the time of consolidation. All the information I've found from my CRs DOES show that these are paid, zero balance, etc.; and it's understandable that the payment HISTORY would show late payments...

...but should the current status really say 120 days late?? I wouldn't be too concerned about it except that according to my Experian reports from annualcreditreport and Equifax from Score Watch all show these as negative simply because of the current status. It seems so ridiculous... it seems like in theory had I made just ONE payment to that loan before it was consolidated, it could have shown up current all these years. 

I guess what I want to know is that based on the way these are showing on my credit reports (one shows these as 5/5 of my derogatories, another shows them as 5/7 of them), is that likely having a big impact on my scores? They're older loans, but how much does that matter in relation to the "current status"?

And of course, anything I can do about this, or I'm just stuck?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid consolidated loan shows current status = late??

Hi ireland 381.

Student Loans are looked at a bit differently than other loans. Would you like me to move this over to the Student Loans board? You might get more informed advice there. Just let me know.

-Marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.