cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid down HUGE on CC for UTI % decrease - need help!

tag
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Paid down HUGE on CC for UTI % decrease - need help!

Hello everyone,

I have a situation hopefully I can get help with.  The basics:  I have an HSBC card that I just paid 1500 on to get my uti way down to report to the CB for this month to get my score much higher (I'm thinking at least 30-40 points based on history w/ UTI).  My question is this:

I called HSBC and they said that the statement date is what the balance is on the last day of the month.  For June, it would be the 30th.  I made a payment that posted to my account and showed on my HSBC online account on the 29th.  They said that the balances are reported to the CBs on the 10th for what the balance was on the last day of the month.  However, I have scorewatch so I pulled the trigger today and the balance is showing the old balance but for JUNE.  I'm afraid that the balance is already reporting.

In other words, should I be seeing the balance for June for this most recent cycle or for July?  They assure me that it will report on the 10th whatever the balance was on the 30th.  As far as I've heard, HSBC is universal in its reporting, can anyone else advise on this?  I need this Credit score boost this month badly!

THANKS!!!!!!

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid down HUGE on CC for UTI % decrease - need help!

bump... sorry

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid down HUGE on CC for UTI % decrease - need help!

Locking this thread to direct folks to an identical thread here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/HSBC-Reporting-times/m-p/965998

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.