cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid down balances and got a 39 pt jump!

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Re: Paid down balances and got a 39 pt jump!

Ok...I knew the score wouldn't be accurate but I thought the balances would at least be accurate.

I plan to get my utilization down to 9%

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 19
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I paid down my balances last month too and received a 44 point increase from my score watch alert. It's crazy what paying down balances can do.

Message 12 of 19
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Yeah it is and I love it. But I'm wondering how useful the score is when I still have the baddies on my report. A collection and two charge offs and several lates. No one is interested in the pfds or the GWs that I sent out. With looking at my actual report It still looks ugly regardless of the score...

Message 13 of 19
westo12
Established Contributor

Keep trying them.  Just had one PFD removed one day after it posted and another charge off Goodwill deletion done that took 5 1/2 years lol.  Have you posted your baddies so people here can help you?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 14 of 19
USF813
Frequent Contributor

I agree with not paying $20 just to satisfy a curiosity. You know you're heading in the right direction now and that's all that matters. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 19
cdismus
New Visitor

I've been keeping my balances under 10%, sometimes zero balance cc utilization. My score rose 3 points.....really??? Purchased a home in November and had to pay derogs on my report. Figured it would help me look like "Hey, this guy's getting his ducks in a row" . Bank tells me my cs is 709 while credit karma says 629. I can't even qualify for a barklay card even though I have cap one with low utilization. I'm just stuck, ready to give up!
Message 16 of 19
westo12
Established Contributor

@cdismus wrote:
I've been keeping my balances under 10%, sometimes zero balance cc utilization. My score rose 3 points.....really??? Purchased a home in November and had to pay derogs on my report. Figured it would help me look like "Hey, this guy's getting his ducks in a row" . Bank tells me my cs is 709 while credit karma says 629. I can't even qualify for a barklay card even though I have cap one with low utilization. I'm just stuck, ready to give up!

Welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy It would be helpful if you shared your details, bad/good, here so we can help you figure it out.  List all credit card balances with their limits, list all baddies also, loan bals etc.  

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 17 of 19
JadaBump
Established Member

Nice score bump

IN THE GARDEN 4/30/14 TIL 4/30/16
STARTING FICO SCORES 5/13/13 EQ 449, TU 438, EX ?
FICO SCORES 4/18/14 EQ 753, TU 726, EX 770
Message 18 of 19
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

Keep trying them.  Just had one PFD removed one day after it posted and another charge off Goodwill deletion done that took 5 1/2 years lol.  Have you posted your baddies so people here can help you?

No I haven't listed my baddies actually. I figured they were no brainers and I just need to send good will letters out to remove two or three tradelines and pay the rest of the stuff on time which would be my two student loans and my two credit cards. I also need to pfd portfolio recovery and premier which I know will not work but I need to keep on trying :-/

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.