Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid down credit card balance... score went up

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Re: Paid down credit card balance... score went up

@gummiebear wrote:

I paid my card down so that I only have about 8% unpaid.  My score went up about 23 points.  Just to let  you know if someone didn't know, that's one way to get your score up. I didn't know that until I started reading a bunch of different info on myFico Forums and different credit information sites.  Boy I wish someone had told me that a long time ago!!!  

@gummiebear wrote:

I paid my card down so that I only have about 8% unpaid.  My score went up about 23 points.  Just to let  you know if someone didn't know, that's one way to get your score up. I didn't know that until I started reading a bunch of different info on myFico Forums and different credit information sites.  Boy I wish someone had told me that a long time ago!!!  

Wow.. nice.. I paid down 3k in debt this month and after it updated at the CBs, mine only went up 3 points..  My entire debt to credit utilization went from 14% to 7% and I only got a 3 point bump.. grrrrrrr...

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 11 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 12 of 14
gummiebear
New Contributor

Hmmm... I don't know.   I'm trying to figure it all out but I guess I haven't yet.  I remember a while ago I got some small account removed and my score did not go up at all.  

Message 13 of 14
RSCo
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

What else is on your report?  Other things factor into the score also.

Yeah, I check my reports every single day and this was this one account was the only update.. I paid it down by 3k and at the same time the bank upped my credit limit by 2,200.00 and that showed too.. Went from a balance of 3,800 to 775.00 with a CL of 9,860.00..  Very strange.

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.