Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid judgement

I have a judgement from 2002, that they garnished my wages for, and consequently it is paid, and I did get a letter from the creditor that it had been paid, however, I have not filed this with the court like it said to do.  I am wondering if I filed the paperwork with the court (that it has been paid), if this will raise my score or hurt it, it's almost six years old now, maybe I should just leave it alone?  Any suggestions would be most helpful.  Oh also, my husband and I will be applying for a mortgage in less than 4 months, so I really can't take the chance to drop my score.
Thanks for any advice!!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid judgement

Cgjsamhouse wrote:
I have a judgement from 2002, that they garnished my wages for, and consequently it is paid, and I did get a letter from the creditor that it had been paid, however, I have not filed this with the court like it said to do.  I am wondering if I filed the paperwork with the court (that it has been paid), if this will raise my score or hurt it, it's almost six years old now, maybe I should just leave it alone?  Any suggestions would be most helpful.  Oh also, my husband and I will be applying for a mortgage in less than 4 months, so I really can't take the chance to drop my score.
Thanks for any advice!!!!

I'm not certain on judgements, so bear with me.

I personally would not risk entering the paid judgement at this time, since it would update your credit report and make it look like a recent derog. Your mortgage broker will probably request that it be paid, so since it is, keep your paperwork handy to show him/her.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid judgement

I would not file it with the court.  BUT I would hold onto it, and give it to your loan officer to prove to him, that it was paid.  If it is having a neg impact on your score, then he could submidt it to the bureaus and do a "Rapid Rescore".  I would talk to your lender about it.

Good luck!  Happy house hunting!  My husband and I will be in the market about the same time as you.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.