Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid medical collection on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid medical collection on CR

I'm not sure how to go about this.  I have a paid medical bill on my collections.  The CA does NOT do GW removals.  The CA didn't buy the debt; They only collected for the hospital and keep in continuous contact with their clients (small town, local hospital, everyone knows everyone.... including me knowing my collectors personally).  Has anyone had success with asking a hospital to have the CA remove the bill out of good will?  I'm sure it doesn't hurt to try so would I send a letter to the billing department or to the executives?  

Thanks for any help, everyone!  I've only been lurking on this forum for a week and have had a judgement AND a past due account removed from my CR in the past three days thanks to the advice found here (the judgement was a fluke.  I didn't notice the "VACATED" part on the settlement until I looked into having it vacated.  Go figure).

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid medical collection on CR

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure how to go about this.  I have a paid medical bill on my collections.  The CA does NOT do GW removals.  The CA didn't buy the debt; They only collected for the hospital and keep in continuous contact with their clients (small town, local hospital, everyone knows everyone.... including me knowing my collectors personally).  Has anyone had success with asking a hospital to have the CA remove the bill out of good will?  I'm sure it doesn't hurt to try so would I send a letter to the billing department or to the executives?  

Thanks for any help, everyone!  I've only been lurking on this forum for a week and have had a judgement AND a past due account removed from my CR in the past three days thanks to the advice found here (the judgement was a fluke.  I didn't notice the "VACATED" part on the settlement until I looked into having it vacated.  Go figure).

I advise you Google search the HIPAA Process and contact its creator,

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I absolutely did that.  Unfortunately I already paid the CA so it doesn't seem to apply to me.  Instead I called the hospital and asked about my bill and a GW letter.  They informed me that since I paid they no longer have records of it....

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I absolutely did that.  Unfortunately I already paid the CA so it doesn't seem to apply to me.  Instead I called the hospital and asked about my bill and a GW letter.  They informed me that since I paid they no longer have records of it....

Ohh ohh, well in that case your only avenues are to get the hospital to call their CA and ask them to remove but if they dont have records might be tough, I dont buy that for one minute, try GW letter to the hospital admin asking that they call their CA and ask that it be  removed. If you cant get it done this way your only other shot is GW letters to the CA until they either remove it or it falls off due to CRTP. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm doing a 623 with the OC instead.  Easy peasy.

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm doing a 623 with the OC instead.  Easy peasy.

I dont see how thats going to help you if its the CA thats reporting, it may if the hospital is reporting as well. Each entity that reports an entry on your CR is responsible for their own TL, an OC cant force the CA to remove and vice versa, all they can do is ask or recommend.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm mistaken.  That's for another creditor.  I'm going back to the GW letter on this one.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.