Mega Contributor
LS2982

Paid off 4 Collection Accts

I had 4 NCO collection accounts that I paid off friday, they would not work with me on PFD, I paid with a credit card. They are saying by this coming friday the CRA's will read "Paid in Full". I recently contacted lexington law firm in hopes of getting accts removed after I pay them off. Is this a viable way do you think? Once its paid and they are successfull in getting it removed they cant re-submit it can they?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
guiness56

Re: Paid off 4 Collection Accts

LS2982 wrote:

I had 4 NCO collection accounts that I paid off friday, they would not work with me on PFD, I paid with a credit card. They are saying by this coming friday the CRA's will read "Paid in Full". I recently contacted lexington law firm in hopes of getting accts removed after I pay them off. Is this a viable way do you think? Once its paid and they are successfull in getting it removed they cant re-submit it can they?

If the accounts were yours there is nothing Lexington can do that you can't. 

Once paid there really is no leverage to work with.  About the only thing you can do now is send out GW letters.

Valued Contributor
tntexans72

Can anyone here chime in...once a CO is "paid in full"...will the score improve? Even though the CO is still on the CR?

Mega Contributor
LS2982

guiness56 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Once paid there really is no leverage to work with.  About the only thing you can do now is send out GW letters.

I understand it is accomplishable on my end to handle the situation but I dont have the time or patience (hothead) to even bother with it lol. If a firm can do it and I pay them thats what I want to do.

So your saying that once its paid you cant dispute it being on your report?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
guiness56

LS2982 wrote:

guiness56 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

I understand it is accomplishable on my end to handle the situation but I dont have the time or patience (hothead) to even bother with it lol. If a firm can do it and I pay them thats what I want to do.

So your saying that once its paid you cant dispute it being on your report?

Unless it is not reporting accurately or it is not yours.  Just because you paid it is not justification to have it removed.

guiness56

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}