Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off 4 Collection Accts

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Paid off 4 Collection Accts

I had 4 NCO collection accounts that I paid off friday, they would not work with me on PFD, I paid with a credit card. They are saying by this coming friday the CRA's will read "Paid in Full". I recently contacted lexington law firm in hopes of getting accts removed after I pay them off. Is this a viable way do you think? Once its paid and they are successfull in getting it removed they cant re-submit it can they?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Paid off 4 Collection Accts

@LS2982 wrote:

I had 4 NCO collection accounts that I paid off friday, they would not work with me on PFD, I paid with a credit card. They are saying by this coming friday the CRA's will read "Paid in Full". I recently contacted lexington law firm in hopes of getting accts removed after I pay them off. Is this a viable way do you think? Once its paid and they are successfull in getting it removed they cant re-submit it can they?

If the accounts were yours there is nothing Lexington can do that you can't. 

Once paid there really is no leverage to work with.  About the only thing you can do now is send out GW letters.

Message 2 of 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Can anyone here chime in...once a CO is "paid in full"...will the score improve? Even though the CO is still on the CR?

Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Once paid there really is no leverage to work with.  About the only thing you can do now is send out GW letters.

I understand it is accomplishable on my end to handle the situation but I dont have the time or patience (hothead) to even bother with it lol. If a firm can do it and I pay them thats what I want to do.

So your saying that once its paid you cant dispute it being on your report?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I understand it is accomplishable on my end to handle the situation but I dont have the time or patience (hothead) to even bother with it lol. If a firm can do it and I pay them thats what I want to do.

So your saying that once its paid you cant dispute it being on your report?

Unless it is not reporting accurately or it is not yours.  Just because you paid it is not justification to have it removed.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.