Established Contributor
MBOhio2

Re: Paid off CCs - Can't wait for Score Increase!

Thanks for your feedback and experience - it so good to hear what others have experienced. It seems like I'm entering that territory now - allowing time to heal.

All of my 4 active CCs have a $0 balance. I think 2 of them have a late or two on at least one of the CRAs (GWs removed many lates, but sometimes not from all CRAs) so I'm within 6 months of having all existing lates being at least 2 years old. I sent GWs like mad woman but on a few of my TLs (especially SL accounts), I had no luck so I will just have to let those age as well.

I have one LOC that still has a balance that I am simply paying down over time but in the next year I will have a 0% utilization (at about 48% now with the LOC).

You said that you see a 6-15 point increase each month on your various CRs - how old are your most recent baddies??

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
Jan 2012 Current Scores: FICO EQ 604 FICO EX ??? TU98 623
Feb 2012 Goal Scores: EQ 620 EX 620 TR 620 (or just the middle to be 620!!)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}